The coaching process is based on the belief that positive change starts from within, consciously connecting with thoughts and feelings. It is unique for each individual, and fundamentally honors a client’s desire to move from point A to point B. Together we create the awareness, goals, and accountability to move you forward. Perhaps you aren’t looking for an entire career transformation, but you’d like to redesign some aspect of your career. That’s possible! Positioning yourself for a promotion, entering a new career field, gaining the confidence to lead a project, landing your dream job at a new company, the ability to modify your schedule for better work-life balance, exploring work options beyond retirement – those are all great reasons to work with a career coach.
Unlike therapy which is typically based on working through events in the past, coaching is very much future-oriented. In coaching, the client holds the answers to design their career; in doing so, you come to realize that you are at the cause of your life, not the effect of it. At every session, we will begin by calibrating on the goals for our time together, each session leading to specific action. I’ll help you make conscious choices that lead to sustainable results.
Working with me might be right if:
- You are mid-career and in a process of re-evaluating your occupation or profession.
- You are looking to get ahead in your current organization or career path.
- You are preparing for a job interview and want to present your qualifications for the job in the strongest manner possible.
- Your resume looks great, but you feel uninspired by the work, or feel stuck.
- You have been interviewing without success in landing a job, and are looking for direction or accountability.
- The field you studied or formally trained is no longer where you feel connected.
- You are overwhelmed by your responsibilities at work, but still love the type of work that you do.
- You are burnt out, deciding whether to recharge or retreat.
- You suffer from your own expectations of perfection, and are having trouble producing the quality of work you are accustomed to.
- You just want to open a dialogue about what else may be out there for you.
Our first meeting is a free, 40 minute initial consult to make sure we are a good match. I will do a lot of listening during this session, and allow you the opportunity to get a sense of my coaching style. My coaching practice is career-focused – while we will talk about how your career may be affecting other parts of your life, the focus of our work together will remain career related.
You deserve to be deeply seen and heard in this process. A great coach won’t give you the answers, but will lead you to your own.
Once we agree to move forward, this is where the magic happens. We will create a safe, open space for you to explore your professional purpose and passion; what may be holding you back, consciously or unconsciously; and formulate plans for the career where every part of you is energized, engaged, and happy. Sometimes, that may involve more ‘tactical’ aspects of the job search process such as a resume review, interview preparation, or discussing strategies to be found by your ideal company. More often, it will involve the process of exploring your thoughts and feelings around your work, and what is and is not working.
This process is entirely focused on you. As you choose a coach, know that I have a deep love for this work and for watching a person discover their courage, and importantly, to succeed beyond this process. Coaching is a time-bound engagement, typically 3-12 months. At some point, you’ll know how to move ahead without me…but I will be cheering you on always.
You are absolutely capable of achieving your career vision! It’s life changing to love the work you do in the world!